Emergency Services

Emergency Services

Goshen contracts emergencies services to keep our community safe.  These include; Green Mountain Power, Consolidated Communication, New Haven State Police, Addison County Sheriff, Rutland Game Warden, and local services in Town.  Below you will find helpful links in regards to emergecy services.

Here are some helpful go-to numbers for situations you may encounter:

      • To report a power outage call Green Mountain Power
      • Tree on a power line?
        Call call Green Mountain Power ONLY!

Brandon Police Department

301 Forest Dale Road
Brandon, Vermont 05733

Emergency 911 
(802) 247-0222
Fax 247-0221

Brandon Area Rescue Squad

1338 Franklin St
Brandon, Vermont 05733

Emergency 911 
(802) 247-6828

Vermont State Game Warden

271 N Main St #215
Rutland, Vermont 05701

Emergency 911
(802)  786-0040

Consolidated Communications

Brandon Fire Department

61 Franklin St
Brandon, Vermont 05733

Emergency 911
(802) 247-3400

Vermont State Police – New Haven Barracks

2490 Ethan Allen Highway
New Haven, Vermont 05472

Emergency 911 
(802) 388-4919


Middlebury, Vermont

Emergency 911
(802) 388-4205

Green Mountain Power

Outage Center

(888) 835-4672

Emergency Management Director

Ethan West
(802) 989-2901

Timmi Moffi, Alternate

Town Services Officer

Kathy Mathis
(802) 247-6720

Town  Forest Fire Warden

Shawn Martin
(802) 247-6433
(802) 417-6954 Cell

Animal Control Officer

Please contact the Goshen Constables
Marci Hayes 


Dave McKinnon

911 Coordinator

Roles & Responsibilities of the Emergency Management Director (from VT Secretary of State’s website):

Emergency Management Director (appointed).
Responsible for the organization, administration, and operation of the local committee that is formed for emergency management in the town or city. The emergency management chairperson is under the direct control of the selectboard but may coordinate his or her emergency management efforts with neighboring towns and cities, and with the state emergency management division and the federal government. 20 V.S.A.§ 6

Roles & Responsibilities of the Town Services Officer (from VT Secretary of State’s website):

Town Services Officer (appointed).
Appointed on or before April 15th of each year. Assists individuals within the town who require emergency food, fuel, or shelter assistance when the Vermont Department of Social Welfare is not available. 33 V.S.A. § 2102 et seq

Roles & Responsibilities of the Town  Forest Fire Warden (from VT Secretary of State’s website):

Town Forest Fire Warden (appointed).
Appointed by the fire commissioner with the approval of the selectboard. Prevents forest fires in the town by enforcing the laws designed to prevent forest fires. 10 V.S.A. § 2641