Applications and Forms

Please fill out applications and either mail to the office or bring in person to the office if your presence is required.  As a reminder if fees are associated checks are to be made to the Town of Goshen.  For questions and further clarification feel free to contact the Town Clerk.

Application for Certified Copy of Vermont Birth, Marriage or Death Certificate

Vital Records include Birth, Marriage, and Death Certificates; either a Regular Copy or Certified.

Please bring all appropriate forms of identification and the associated fee to the Town Clerk’s Office.

Download Form

Application for Vermont License of Civil Marriage

Please fill out the application and bring it with you to the Town Office. This application is for obtaining a marriage license.  It is preferable to have both parties present to obtain the license.

Download Form

Town Hall Use Policy & Agreement

Goshen Town Hall is available as a space to rent for events.  Goshen residents may rent this space free of charge.

Download Form

Green Mountain Passport Application

Vermont residents that are 62 and over may get a Green Mountain Passport that gives them free access to state parks, historical sites and museums throughout the state.  There is a one-time $2.00 fee and a short application to be filled out and you will leave with your card in hand. Stop by the Town Office to complete the application or download form.

Dog License Form

All dogs in Goshen are are required to to be licensed annually. All dogs 6-months and older and any who reside in town at lease 90-days per calendar year. To license your dog they must be current with their rabies vaccination and you must provide an updated copy of their Certificate of Vaccination to the Town Office.

CVO-108 Uniform Municipal Excess Weight Permit

Goshen requires all overweight haulers to request an overweight permit application.  Please fill out the form and mail to the Town Office with the associated fee and a Certificate of Insurance. Our Town wide overweight limit is 80,000lbs.

Download Form

Special Events Permit Application

The Town of Goshen has a Special Events Ordinance which require any event held in Town with 75 or more people (staff and volunteers included), in which is charging for the event, to have a special events request for Selectboard approval.  There is a fee per each day of event that is to be turned in with the application.  Click here to read more about the ordinance and the above button for the application.

Town of Goshen Open Meeting Law Complaint Form

Download: Town of Goshen Open Meeting Law Complaint Form 

Title 1 : General Provisions Chapter 005 : Common Law; General Rights Subchapter 002 : Public Information (Cite as: 1 V.S.A. § 314)
§ 314. Penalty and enforcement

(a) A person who is a member of a public body and who knowingly and intentionally violates the provisions of this subchapter, a person who knowingly and intentionally violates the provisions of this subchapter on behalf or at the behest of a public body, or a person who knowingly and intentionally participates in the wrongful exclusion of any person or persons from any meeting subject to this subchapter shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be fined not more than $500.00.

(b)(1) Prior to instituting an action under subsection (c) of this section, the Attorney General or any person aggrieved by a violation of the provisions of this subchapter shall provide the public body written notice that alleges a specific violation of this subchapter and requests a specific cure of such violation. The public body will not be liable for attorney’s fees and litigation costs under subsection (d) of this section if it cures in fact a violation of this subchapter in accordance with the requirements of this subsection.

(2) Upon receipt of the written notice of alleged violation, the public body shall respond publicly to the alleged violation within 10 calendar days by:

(A) acknowledging the violation of this subchapter and stating an intent to cure the violation within 14 calendar days; or

(B) stating that the public body has determined that no violation has occurred and that no cure is necessary.

(3) Failure of a public body to respond to a written notice of alleged violation within 10 calendar days shall be treated as a denial of the violation for purposes of enforcement of the requirements of this subchapter.

(4) Within 14 calendar days after a public body acknowledges a violation under subdivision (2)(A) of this subsection, the public body shall cure the violation at an open meeting by:

(A) either ratifying, or declaring as void, any action taken at or resulting from:

(i) a meeting that was not noticed in accordance with subsection 312(c) of this title; or

(ii) a meeting that a person or the public was wrongfully excluded from attending; or

(iii) an executive session or portion thereof not authorized under subdivisions 313(a)(1)-(10) of this title; and

(B) adopting specific measures that actually prevent future violations.

(c) Following an acknowledgment or denial of a violation and, if applicable, following expiration of the 14-calendar-day cure period for public bodies acknowledging a violation, the Attorney General or any person aggrieved by a violation of the provisions of this subchapter may bring an action in the Civil Division of the Superior Court in the county in which the violation has taken place for appropriate injunctive relief or for a declaratory judgment. An action may be brought under this section no later than one year after the meeting at which the alleged violation occurred or to which the alleged violation relates. Except as to cases the court considers of greater importance, proceedings before the Civil Division of the Superior Court, as authorized by this section and appeals therefrom, take precedence on the docket over all cases and shall be assigned for hearing and trial or for argument at the earliest practicable date and expedited in every way.

(d) The court shall assess against a public body found to have violated the requirements of this subchapter reasonable attorney’s fees and other litigation costs reasonably incurred in any case under this subchapter in which the complainant has substantially prevailed, unless the court finds that:

(1)(A) the public body had a reasonable basis in fact and law for its position; and

(B) the public body acted in good faith. In determining whether a public body acted in good faith, the court shall consider, among other factors, whether the public body responded to a notice of an alleged violation of this subchapter in a timely manner under subsection (b) of this section; or

(2) the public body cured the violation in accordance with subsection (b) of this section. (e) A municipality shall post on its website, if it maintains one:

(1) an explanation of the procedures for submitting notice of an Open Meeting Law violation to the public body or the Attorney General; and

(2) a copy of the text of this section.