Town Clerk

Welcome from the Goshen Town Clerk


Local Elections
March 7, 2023

Click for more details

Martin Fjeld,
Town Clerk

Vickee Whiting,
Assistant Town Clerk

Office Hours:
Tuesdays 9 AM – 4 PM

(802) 247-6455
Fax (802) 247-6740

Quick Links

Other Services Offered in the Town Office

While visiting during regular business hours you may;

  • Gather Town Information
  • Purchase Trash Tags
  • Get Your Green Mountain Pass
  • Post Your Property
  • Research Records

For Land Records Research

We request that you contact us to make an appointment for research.

Licensing Dogs

All dogs in Goshen are are required to to be licensed annually. All dogs 6-months and older and any who reside in town at lease 90-days per calendar year. To license your dog they must be current with their rabies vaccination and you must provide an updated copy of their Certificate of Vaccination to the Town Office.

License fees are per dog
January 1st-April 1st April 1st-June 1st
$10 for Altered $15 for Altered
$14 for Unaltered $21 for Unaltered

After June 15th warrants will be issued for all unlicensed dogs with additional fees.

If you are new to town or have a new dog you have 90-days to license your dog without a late fee penalty.

Goshen Dog Ordinance & License Policy

Vital Records – Certified Copies of Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates

Certified copies of birth and death records may be requested from the Goshen Town Clerk or any town clerk in the State of Vermont in addition to the Vermont Department of Health and the Vermont State Archives and Records Administration (VSARA). All Clerks now have access to the statewide system, so you may request death and birth certificates from any clerk in the state.  You must fill out an application before acquiring a certified copy and you must present a valid ID with the application.  This is for birth and death certificates only.

Certified copies of marriage records (all years) can also be requested from the clerk of the town where the event took place.

Birth or Death Certificate Request Form

New Vital Records Law – October 1, 2018


Marriage License Applications

Please fill out the application bring it with you to the Town Office with all associated fees. It is preferable to have both parties present to obtain the license.

Marriage License

Overweight Permits

Goshen requires all overweight haulers to request an overweight permit application.  Please fill out the form and mail to the Town Office with the associated fee and a Certificate of Insurance.

Overweight Permit Form

Roles & Responsibilities of the Town Clerk (from VT Secretary of State’s website):

Town Clerk (elected or appointed). Records, preserves, and certifies the public records of the town. Issues dog, marriage, and hunting and fishing licenses; as well as motor vehicle renewals. Runs the local elections, serves as clerk of the board of civil authority, and hears tax abatement requests and tax appeals. Should have the patience of a saint and be a good ambassador for the town. 17 V.S.A. § 2646(2)2651e

Green Mountain Passport

Vermont residents that are 62 and over may get a Green Mountain Passport that gives them free access to state parks, historical sites and museums throughout the state.  There is a one-time $2.00 fee and a short application to be filled out and you will leave with your card in hand. Stop by the Town Office to complete the application or download and bring it with you. 

Green Mountain Passport Application